Back in 2010, Ingrid Sundberg attended a writing conference and posted her notes from a session Four Rules on Risk Taking and Writing by author Libba Bray.
Some of the highlights:
- Explore what we don’t know! We write to open up a whole new conversation with ourselves and the world.
- Sit at the kitchen table with your characters. See what they would say.
- Beware the thought “Should I….” Follow yourself and not what you think others may want you to be doing.
- There is no sure thing other than writing the thing you want to write the most.
- If it is not scary then there are no stakes. And if there are no stakes then it is not worth writing.
Thanks to Ingrid Sundberg for sharing this.