What the hey?! Even though they have backyards for convenient placement of those unsightly beasts-on-wheels, since when did homeowners find it attractive to leave their trash/recycling/yard waste barrels out for weeks on end? [Yeah, sounds ‘get off my lawn-ish’, doesn’t it?]
Which logically leads to my concerns about fortune cookies…
The other night, I had three of them lined up for late night consumption with [product placement alert!] Yogi ginger tea. Could I enjoy them? Nope. Haunted by the following…
- Is it bad juju to break and eat the cookie before reading the fortune?
- Am I doomed if the cookie breaks before I even remove it from the wrapper?
- Does the exact opposite fate await me if I break protocol?
- Worse yet, is it bad form to eat all three cookies and then read all three fortunes?
- And should I read them in the same order as the order in which I ate the cookies?
- Is there a proper technique to break open the cookie?
And speaking of questionable juju…
In Hallmark Channel’s Garage Sale Mysteries, Lori Laughlin has a daughter attending college. Did that fictional daughter also get accepted based on false pretenses?