CHOCOLATE CHIP KABOCHA BREAD
The moist center is from the ‘swirl’ ingredients.
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
But I skipped the chocolate chips in the swirl and added some molasses. [My wife is having the lawyer draw up the divorce papers as I write this.] I also added dried cranberries.
- The bread looks a little flat. Rationalization: I like ‘dense’. She suggested that I use more leavener. I actually [this time] followed the recipe and added the suggested amount of baking powder. I wonder if I added too much–Bridget Lancaster of American’s Test Kitchen once warned against overdoing it because the result might be a welcome rise…followed by an unwelcome slump. Shrug. Hand me another piece of the bread. The coffee’s ready.
- Amazing how much post-baking cleanup can be accomplished when you set the timer for five minutes.
- Siri loves a good countdown.