- Who would have known a bake-off would be the beginning of a beautiful relationship?
- No way were we going to convince him. Until we decided to resort to bribery.
- We would learn the hard way…and it would cost us a major wad of money.
- “Geez, you’re getting old.”
- “Don’t worry about her. She’ll come around.”
- Our nightly stroll turned ugly really quickly.
- “No problem. We’ll only need to knock out that wall.”
- “Trust me…no limitations. Make whatever you want.”
- He inhaled. “Something is inside your walls, and it ain’t gonna be pretty.”
- People had doubted her all her life…
From writing prompt #7 below…
“Here are three things you should know about me.”
I turned away and winced. Am I going to want to hear this?
“One, my right leg is longer than my left one.”
“Fascinating,” I said. Please let that be the worst of it.
“Two, my favorite food is chili, no beans.”
“You are truly special,” I said. I liked the ‘no beans’ part. And what’s number three?”
“I…” He paused for dramatic effect. “…am certain dinosaurs still roam the earth.”
God, if only we’d stopped at the chili.
“Sorry, I can’t help you.” “But you’re our last chance!”
That face on the TV screen…so familiar.
“Don’t you think you’re being a little paranoid?”
“But did you have to post it on social media?”
He brushed the dust off his suit. “That was easier than I thought.”
“I feel like we’re home,” I said as I stretched out on the couch. “Oh, let’s not get too comfortable,” said Mom.
“Here are three things you should know about me,” he said, pouring a cup of coffee. “First…”
It was essential…we had to have those photos…
“You’re certainly all smiles today.” “Yep,” she said. “I finally told off that old battle-axe.”
There, for all the world to see, in large block letters was his profession of love…
“And you needed the skull because?”