Yep, displacement activities, the bane of a procrastinator’s daily life.
So, let’s look more closely at ones that feed your [okay, my] soul. Feel free to interpret the order of list items any way you want.
- Any Leave It to Beaver episodes where Eddie says, “Good afternoon, Mrs. Cleaver.” in his trademark obsequious way or The Beav wrinkles his eyebrows and says, “Gee, Wally.”
- Baking cookies, doughnut muffins, or no-knead bread [Recipe #1 and Recipe #2]
- Sketching [even if you’re an amateur like me] Pssst! You might surprise yourself.
- Reading Write It Down, Make It Happen or The War of Art , two of my favorites to revisit
- Thumbing through Your Idea Starts Here