Another use: I have reduced one of my hard copies to 1000 strips of paper, each containing a Warmup. I pull out four or five at a time and see what story develops.
[Note: My first ebook of Writing Warmups is currently free.]
- “Why don’t you come with us?” As she considered the request, the three of us turned our backs and winced.
- “Don’t sweat it. You’ll get the hang of it.”
- I swear when I grabbed her hand for the first time, a jolt of electricity shot up my arm.
- “How do you get anything done in here?”
- “All due respect…” Oh, geez, I knew anything but respect was on its way.
- The deadline was approaching, but our solutions weren’t.
- “So, what’ll it be—root canal or a date with my brother?”
- “Should my hands be sweating like this?”
- “Let’s just make believe we get along…just for tonight.”
- “What is it with you? Why does everything have to be so organized?”
**Photo by Jeremy Beck on Unsplash