- “If you’re taking this seriously, why are you blowing bubbles while I’m talking to you?”
- “Do more with less. Then we’ll talk about advancement.” At that moment, I certainly wanted advancement…of my fist on his forehead.
- “I’m pretty sure I don’t need a psychiatrist.”
“Ohhh, I’m pretty sure you do.”
- “Here’s what you have to do. Shut up and follow instructions.”
- “You keep an eye on my house for a day and you’re expecting a parade?”
- “Maybe we should take turns.”
- “The data doesn’t lie.”
“Actually, sometimes it does.”
- “Do you really know what you’re doing?”
- “This is the first stage of total organizational failure.”
- “Thanks for the positive strokes. I really needed them right about now.”
Comments: #’s 2, 5, and 7 could certainly take place in an HR office.
I could see #9 being uttered in a conference room of stuffed shirts.
But as I type these suggestions, I’d say it would be even more fun to choose a setting completely opposite in nature.