There are times when inspiration hits and I sit down and write three ‘notes to elders’ in one sitting. I have to do a better job of ‘setting the table’ [i.e. having my resources ready and available] for when inspiration hits, but when it all comes together…very rewarding.
Plenty of writers are directing their thoughts and support to folks they know and some they don’t know, so my ‘project’ is nothing new or unique.
But it’s something that makes sense.
- it is a self-sustaining ‘volunteer opportunity’, which have dwindled ‘a bit’ since mid-March.
- it’s one more feel-good checklist item for my day’s end ‘review’.
- it’s so much better than watching the news.
- it provides a layer of human contact
- it’s been fun and rewarding and it will continue.
Let me know if you want to join me. I have a raft of resources that will make the project doable.