Here is a sample letter request from moreloveletters.com.
I welcome these needed reminders that others are struggling and my life is on cruise-control. It’s not always easy to come up with what I would consider ‘the right words’, but in those cases, I go with tact, sincerity, and the mantra of ‘better done than perfect’.
Plenty of writers are directing their thoughts and support to folks they know and some they don’t know, so my ‘project’ is nothing new or unique.
But it’s a project that makes sense.
- it is a self-sustaining ‘volunteer opportunity’, which have dwindled ‘a bit’ since mid-March.
- it’s one more feel-good checklist item for my day’s end ‘review’.
- it’s so much better than watching the news.
- it provides a layer of human contact.
- it’s been fun and rewarding and it will continue.
Let me know if you want to join me. I have a raft of resources that will make the project doable.