I sent this one yesterday. I took out the word cloud and the greeting to provide a layer of privacy for the person, even though her story is featured on moreloveletters.com. I hope the words give special people like this recipient a little shot in the arm.
Nothing special, I realize, nothing earth-shaking or life-changing, but as writers, every time we put pen to paper, it’s an act of faith. In this case, I have faith that these simple items will improve a person’s day, even just a little bit.
Plenty of writers are directing their thoughts and support to folks they know and some they don’t know, so my ‘project’ is nothing new or unique.
But it’s something that makes sense.
- it is a self-sustaining ‘volunteer opportunity’, which have dwindled ‘a bit’ since mid-March.
- it’s one more feel-good checklist item for my day’s end ‘review’.
- it’s so much better than watching the news.
- it provides a layer of human contact
- it’s been fun and rewarding and it will continue.
Let me know if you want to join me. I have a raft of resources that will make the project doable.