I’ve recently posted about writing being an act of faith.
In this case, I have faith that my notes to…
lift someone’s day.
For sure, they distract me from lots of other disquieting stuff happening out there in the world. [And they remind me that others are hurting so much out there.]
Plenty of writers are directing their thoughts and support to folks they know and some they don’t know, so my ‘project’ is nothing new or unique.
But it’s something that makes sense.
- it is a self-sustaining ‘volunteer opportunity’, which have dwindled ‘a bit’ since mid-March.
- it’s one more feel-good checklist item for my day’s end ‘review’.
- it’s so much better than watching the news.
- it provides a layer of human contact
- it’s been fun and rewarding and it will continue.
Let me know if you want to join me. I have a raft of resources that will make the project doable.