- “This brings back special memories.”
“I hoped it would.”
- It had been years since we felt this close…
- The attic contained secrets no one wanted to explore…
- “You look good in red.”
“Well, you look good…nah, I can’t even lie about it.”
- “I am your doctor, you are my patient. Therefore…”
- “So it’s settled. I’ll stay here and you look inside the cabin.”
- “This festival is going downhill fast.”
“Yeah, gale force winds and dozens of casualties tend to do that.”
- “Can I have this dance?”
Wrong question. Wrong time.
- Why couldn’t this moment last forever?
I couldn’t believe I was even thinking that.
- “You’re going to eat all that?”
One of my writing prompt strategies…
If I’m stuck at a point in one of my fiction drafts, I thumb through my lists to find a character’s action or a piece of dialogue that, at the very least, nudges me into the ‘What if…’ mode.