Another of my writing prompt strategies…
I often merge two or more Warmups into a scene for practice writing or one that might show up in a work-in-progress. [Note: My first book of Writing Warmups is currently free.]
- “Let’s just say your mom will not be pleased.”
- She was a master at starting rumors about herself.
- “Hey, don’t look at me. I’m just the middle man!”
- His family business was impeding our progress, not to mention his parenting skills.
- We’d been looking at the wrong person this whole time.
- Her nationality remained a mystery…to us…even to her parents.
- And so began my climb up the corporate ladder…
- “Just one more problem.” He showed us the photo.
- “We will probably need some reinforcements after a couple of hours.” “Are you kidding me? We’re talking about a group of kindergarteners!”
- “Oh, I forgot to mention…”