Another way I use my writing warmups: I will close a mediocre writing day with a burst of Warmup-inspired words to help kickstart my next session. [Note: My first ebook of Writing Warmups is currently free.]
- “He gave me a detailed description of what he wanted.” I held it up. “This is as close as I could get.”
- The speaker hobbled across the stage to the podium. I leaned to my buddy. “This is going to take a loooong time.”
- The bank statements told an interesting story.
- “Just jot your name on the dotted line and all will be well.”
- “That guy across the street? Been there three straight days.”
- “Not so fast. I need a few minutes to read this over.” Totally not what I wanted to hear.
- The books were stacked. The coffee was brewed. The all-nighter had begun. And then the phone rang.
- I held the document up to the light. “Very interesting.”
- In strutted a fashion disaster. “Which way to my dressing room?”
- “I have absolutely nothing to hide.”